Thursday, July 18, 2013

One Whole Cake

Today, as has happened in several previous years, my boys reminded me that it is time for their July cake.

Why?  Because, these sneaky mathematicians have reasoned:  DS3 is on his half birthday, DS2 is on his one-third birthday, and DS1 is on his one-sixth birthday, all in July.  Naturally, they pooled their fractions and determined that Mommy owes them one whole cake.

Who can argue with that?  :)


ETA the results of the combination of brotherly love, mathematics, and chocolate:

2 comments:

  1. Ha! That's awesome. What kind of cake will it be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Chocolate with chocolate frosting! (Is there any other kind...?) I like the cake recipe from the Hershey's cocoa can, and I kind of make up a modified chocolate buttercream recipe with some kind of liquor as part of the liquid. I used to use Godiva, but it has corn syrup and G is allergic to corn, sadly. I will try to upload a picture soon; it's in the oven now.

      Delete